Pata Negra Tapas Bar is a little slice of Spain, right here in Bardon, Brisbane.
We are more than simply “Spanish-inspired cuisine”, we are the real-Spanish-deal, “puro y duro”.
Our cosy Tapas Bar, Cafe and Deli has been up and running since July 2018. Alma and Steven (that’s us – the owners) have had an online Spanish shop ( www.SpanishDeli.com.au ) since 2014 and opening an authentic tapas bar has helped them share Spanish gastromony and culture with more and more Aussies.
We ARE about sharing authentic Spanish experiences:
- Home-cooked Spanish tapas
- Spanish wines and beers
- Spanish language classes every week
- Cooking with great ingredients, imported directly from Spain
- Paella Master classes weekly
- Promoting Spanish Cultural activities
- Spanish music and flamenco, whenever we can
- Churros con chocolate (so good they deserve a shout-out)
- Wine tasting classes
- Encouraging our customers to order in Spanish. Nearly all of our staff are from Spain and this is the perfect place to practice every time you order something. Have a chat!
- Providing a place for newly-arrived Spaniards, so they can feel like at home, at least for a bit
What we are NOT into so much:
- Deviating wildly from traditional Spanish recipes just to adjust for local palates (Vegemite is rarely found in the kitchen)
- Huge white plates with tiny bites of food in the middle (I mean, really??)
- Keeping the exact same menu for months at a time (we change every few weeks)
About the owners:
- Alma is from beautiful, exotic, passionate Seville with her family roots reaching across Spain from Asturias, to Granada, Cadiz and Las Palmas.
- Steve – Despite being from Bundaberg, he’s a passionate “hispanophile” who’s fallen in love Spanish family, food and culture over the past 20 years.
- Basically, they are 2 accountants with big dreams who love sharing Spanish food and culture